The ties are completed on Wednesday and Thursday with Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester City facing tough tasks.
Article top media content
The UEFA Women's Champions League round of 32 seconds legs are played on Wednesday and Thursday.
Lyon began their bid for an unprecedented fourth straight title with a 2-0 win at Avaldsnes while in the first legs two weeks ago. Juventus played their first ever European match, taking the lead and then coming from behind to draw 2-2 with Brøndby thanks to two Barbara Bonansea goals.
Among other winners were 2018 runners-up Wolfsburg and semi-finalists Chelsea. Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern München also hold advantages, but Barcelona lost 3-1 at BIIK-Kazygurt in Kazakhstan, but might yet be grateful for Toni Duggan's away goal, while a late deflected strike gave Atlético a draw with Manchester City.
- Second legs: Wednesday/Thursday
- Round of 16 draw streamed live: 13CET, 1 October
Linköping v WFC Kharkiv (first leg: 6-1)
Barcelona v BIIK-Kazygurt (first leg: 1-3)
Wolfsburg v Thór/KA (first leg: 1-0)
Brøndby v Juventus (first leg: 2-2)
Sparta Praha v Ajax (first leg: 0-2)
Bayern München v ŽFK Spartak (first leg: 7-0)
FC Rosengård v Ryazan-VDV (first leg: 1-0)
Fortuna Hjørring v Fiorentina (first leg: 0-2)
Manchester City v Atlético Madrid (first leg: 1-1)
Chelsea v SFK 2000 Sarajevo (first leg: 5-0)
Zvezda-2005 v LSK Kvinner (first leg: 0-3)
Slavia Praha v Gintra Universitetas (first leg: 3-0)
Lyon v Avaldsnes (first leg: 2-0)
Paris Saint-Germain v St. Pölten (first leg: 4-1)
FC Zürich v Honka (first leg: 1-0)
Glasgow City v Somatio Barcelona FA (first leg: 2-0)
Wednesday 12 September
Honka 0-1 FC Zürich
Fiorentina 2-0 Fortuna Hjørring
Ajax 2-0 Sparta Praha
Avaldsnes 0-2 Lyon
Ryazan-VDV 0-1 FC Rosengård
Juventus 2-2 Brøndby
SFK 2000 Sarajevo 0-5 Chelsea
Thór/KA 0-1 Wolfsburg
BIIK-Kazygurt 3-1 Barcelona
Somatio Barcelona FA 0-2 Glasgow City
ŽFK Spartak 0-7 Bayern München
St. Pölten 1-4 Paris Saint-Germain
WFC Kharkiv 1-6 Linköping
Thursday 13 September
Atlético Madrid 1-1 Manchester City
Gintra Universitetas 0-3 Slavia Praha
LSK Kvinner 3-0 Zvezda-2005
- Lyon, who won a record fifth title and third in a row last season, beat Avaldsnes in the round of 32 on their way to victory in 2016/17.
- Wolfsburg are the only other former winners involved, while Paris, Fortuna and Zvezda have all previously reached the final.
- Fiorentina, on debut, beat Fortuna 2-1 on aggregate in this round last season and again won at home this time around.
- Juventus, making their debut, are facing Brøndby, the first team to compete in the knockout phase 15 times.
- Cyprus's Somatio Barcelona are the only other debutants involved, one of ten teams that came through the qualifying round, including Glasgow, who won 2-0 at the newcomers in their first leg.
- BIIK of Kazakhstan faced Barcelona in this round in 2015/16, drawing 1-1 at home but losing 4-1 in Spain: this time they beat their visitors 3-1 in the opening led.
- LSK Kvinner have retained the Norwegian title to already book their 2019/20 berth: after the first leg they had won all 21 competitive fixtures they have played in 2018, now that total is 23.
Road to Budapest
Round of 16 draw: 1 October, Nyon
Round of 16: 17/18 October & 31 October/1 November
Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 9 November, Nyon
Quarter-finals: 20/21 & 27/28 March
Semi-finals: 20/21 & 27/28 April
Final: 18 May 2019, Ferencváros Stadium, Budapest